Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 9

Breakfast:
1 and 1/3 cup Chobani Vanilla Yogurt
- 200 calories
- 0 from fat
- 28g protein

I also sprinkled some grapes on top, which helped the vanilla. Greek yogurt is usually tart, and the strawberry is a little bit, but that tartness really comes through in the vanilla. The grapes help.

Morning Snack:
1 Vanilla Pure Protein Shake
- 160 calories
- 10 from fat
- 35g protein

Holy shit, work is crazy today and isn't going to get any less crazy. I'm a big stress eater, and those urges are roaring right now, but I'm busily telling myself that I'd rather lose weight than have two Chick-fil-a classic chicken sandwiches with cheese.

Lunch-a-tron:
Chick-fil-a Chicken Nuggets, 12 Count
- 400 calories
- ?? from fat
- 42g protein

Side Salad w/ Fat Free Honey Mustard Dressing
- 130 calories
- 0 from fat
- 5g protein

So I still had Chick-fil-a, but I didn't have two sandwiches. By the way, writing that first thing about two sandwiches was the first detail about which I had a strong urge to lie. I used to sometimes get two sandwiches, and eat one of them really quickly so that I could throw it away and pretend like I only had one. That's some seriously heavy behavior, and owning up to doing it is hard. But that comes back to what I said yesterday about writing all of this down being somewhat comforting. Writing down every bite of food that crosses my lips gives me a kind of accountability which was exactly what I was avoiding by scarfing down two sandwiches and disposing of the wrapper before anybody noticed.

Afternoon Snack:
1 EAS Myoplex Lite Protein Bar
- 190 calories
- 50 from fat
- 15g protein

Evening Snack:
1 Vanilla Pure Protein Shake
- 160 calories
- 10 from fat
- 35g protein

Well that was a friggin' mess. I was feeling good about myself, having gone to the store and done some responsible (and discount!) shopping. I went to Harris Teeter, picked up nine chicken breasts (for the price of three!) a whole pile of yogurt, some sodium free marinade, and a few Lean Cuisines. Spent $49, saved $39.

I got home and bagged up seven of the chicken breasts to go in the freezer, then put the other two in the marinade, and went on about my business. An hour later, I slapped the chicken on my trusty George Foreman grill. Fourteen minutes later, the chicken was burning on the outside, and raw on the inside. Shit.

Probably the insides were frozen when I put them on the grill and never caught up. So into the bin they went. Boooooo!

Dinner:
1 Lean Cuisine Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 300 calories
- 25 from fat
- 18g protein

1 Lean Cuisine Thai-Style Noodles with Chicken
- 300 calories
- 60 from fat
- 19g protein

They were both good, but I'm not thrilled. I was really looking forward to keeping it super low cal and high protein with those chicken breasts. Phooey.

Totals:
- 1840 calories
- 155 from fat (plus whatever was in the nuggets)
- 187g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment