Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 15

So we are officially to and through the two week mark. I thought this might be a good time to do a little bit of reflecting.

I started this diet at what was probably my heaviest weight ever. Not by a lot, mind you - I've tipped the 400lb mark before, but I don't think I've ever been to 410. I don't want to go back there, but I've started many a diet and crapped out after a few months. All this writing and obsessive note taking is my attempt to break that cycle.

I weigh myself most mornings. I'm officially recording it at set intervals, but I do hop on the scale most days. It's just a matter of seeing how the food and activity of the day before impacted me. As it turns out, after fourteen full days, I've lost 13.8 pounds. That's a great way to get off the blocks, but I know as well as you do that it's not a pace I can maintain. I'm not going to lose 175lbs in 175 days. I do, however, think that I can lose 175lbs in 730 days. That's basically a pound every four days, with a little bit of wiggle room. My immediate goal is to be down fifty pounds by 7/1/2012. I'd like to be down 100lbs by 1/1/2013.

Aggressive goals, to be sure, and two years is a long time. But it took me a lot longer than two years to get to this point, and if I can get back to some semblance of normal in that amount of time, I'll be thrilled.

My confidence comes from the fact that, unlike almost every other diet I've been on, I am not remotely hungry. I'm eating enough, eating lots of protein, and eating at pretty regular intervals, and that's keeping me full. When I'm full, as it turns out, it's pretty easy for me to resist tortilla chips and dips and cookies and cake. What's more, I haven't left any situation feeling deprived, which is making me feel like I'm not really on a diet.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this whole thing. I'm down basically fourteen pounds in fourteen days, and I spent four of those days in Disney eating most of what I wanted, while skipping snacks. That feels to me like something I can maintain.

Ok, I'll shut up already.

Breakfast:
Two Chobani 6oz Yogurts (Cherry and Blueberry)
- 280 calories
- 0 from fat
- 28g protein

Morning Snack:
One Chocolate Pure Protein Shake
- 170 calories
- 10 from fat
- 35g protein

Lunch:
Chick-fil-a Chicken Nuggets, 12 Count
- 400 calories
- ?? from fat
- 42g protein

Side Salad w/ Fat Free Honey Mustard Dressing
- 130 calories
- 0 from fat
- 5g protein

Afternoon Snack:
One EAS Myoplex Lite Peanut Caramel Crunch Bar
- 190 calories
- 50 from fat
- 15g protein

Evening Snack:
One Banana Pure Protein Shake
- 150 calories
- 10 from fat
- 35g protein

Dinner:
Leftover (Awesome) Taco Casserole
- 600 calories
- ?? from fat
- 50g protein

Totals:
- 1920 calories
- 70+ from fat
- 200g protein

1 comment: