Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 17

Everybody keeps telling me that Fage Greek yogurt is so much better than Chobani, so I figured this morning I would do a little taste test. Rather than my usual two Chobanis, I tried a Fage 0% Cherry Pomegranate and a Trader Joe's 0% Pomegranate.

I won't be having either again.

The Fage was harmless, but it wasn't any better than the Chobani, and comes in a smaller container. One of my coworkers thinks maybe it wasn't any better because it's the 0% fat, but I'm not going to eat anything except the 0%, so I don't really give a hoot about how the 2% flavors match up.

The Trader Joe's was not good. It wasn't disgusting or anything, but it was distinctly chalky, and I don't really need my yogurt to taste like chalk. I don't know, maybe I'm old fashioned. It did have great nutritional information, but so does tree bark, and you won't find me eating much of that. Moral of the story for my little taste test is 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it.' Chobani, I'm sorry I ever walked away from you... please take me back?

Breakfast:
One 5.3oz Fage 0% Cherry Pomegranate Yogurt
- 130 calories
- 0 from fat
- 13g protein

One 5.3oz Trader Joe's 0% Pomegranate Yogurt
- 110 calories
- 0 from fat
- 14g protein

Morning Protein Shake:
One Chocolate Frost Pure Protein Shake
- 170 calories
- 10 from fat
- 35g protein

Lunch:
Tortilla Factory Fajita Salad
- 550 calories
- 35g protein

Roy and I went out to Tortilla Factory for lunch today, and they don't post their nutritional info, so the above is just an intentionally high guess. The salad itself was lettuce, a good amount of grilled chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes, and some cheese. I ordered it without the delicious tortilla chips that normally adorn it. I did leave the cheese on, though. I also used salsa instead of their jalapeno ranch for dressing.

Afternoon Protein Bar:
One EAS Myoplex Lite Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bar
- 190 calories
- 40 from fat
- 15g protein

Hey, tasty!

Afternoon Protein Shake:
One Chocolate Frost Pure Protein Shake
- 170 calories
- 10 from fat
- 35g protein

Dinner:
Two Cold Cut and Vegetable Wraps
- I totally could calculate the calories and everything that were in these, and I will, but I don't have time to do it right now. It was the first time I felt like I really overate on the diet, but I think it was still pretty reasonable. I'm guessing somewhere in the 600 calorie range. That would, I believe, put me over 2,000 calories for the first time. Not by a lot, and it's not a pattern, so I'm not worried.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for saving me from experimentation. For slightly more calories, such great flavor.

    I should be embarrassed to note that I clean out the yogurt container until it is spotless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wraps 100 calories each. Meat 2 ounces 60 calories. Cheese 100 calories per ounce. 600 calories-close enough.

    ReplyDelete