Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 6

Not much new to report. Disney has been wonderful and the temptations have been numerous. Still, I'm just trying to make decent choices while enjoying myself. This has made me think about how enjoyment and food are tied together for me. I get a great deal of enjoyment out of eating, and sometimes find myself worried more about filling the gaps between meals than what I'm actually doing. That has been less of an issue this week, because what I'm actually doing is awesome.

I find myself anticipating meals and snacks with great excitement. I'm managing to plug a lot of those holes with water and bananas, but the occasional tasty treat slips through. As far as sustainability goes, that's actually probably fine. For somebody who gets as much enjoyment out of eating as I do, constant deprivation may be a path to failure, which I can't accept any more. The trick is to put a stop to the incessant cavalcade of tasty treats, and treat them as something special, rather than something routine. Ok, home tomorrow and back to real food tracking on Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Holy poo, I hate how many times I said 'still' in this post, but I cannot edit effectively on my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very insightful! Unless you're Mitch, I think all of us get pleasure from our food. For me, I try to find foods I can really look forward to that are also relatively healthy, which is of course a constant struggle. Keep up the good work, I'm really enjoying following along!

    ReplyDelete