Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 2

I'm going to cut down to one entry per day and just keep editing it. I think that'll be a bit cleaner.

I started out today trying to make Egg Beaters Whites. They were the most horrific things I've ever been a part of. Styrofoam and and hatred. I'm going to have to look up how to cook them, because as of right now, all I can think is that Egg Beaters Whites are Soylent White, and Soylent White is people.

So, breakfast:

1 cup of Chobani Strawberry Yogurt
- 190 calories
- 0 from fat
- 19g protein

Today's my first day back at work on the diet, so we'll see how that goes.

I spoke to one of my coworkers who's a big dieter/healthy eater this morning about the Egg Beaters Whites, and he confirmed that styrofoam and hatred is the correct taste. He suggested spicing them up with some Mrs. Dash or crushed red pepper or something. We'll see about that. These puppies may just not make it into my breakfast rotation.

Mid-morning snack!

1 EAS Myoplex Lite Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisp bar
- 190 calories
- 50 from fat
- 15g protein

And lunch!

Potbelly Roast Beef on Thin Cut Wheat (Lettuce, Tomato, Mustard, Pickles, Italian Seasoning)
- 390 calories
- 97 from fat
- 32g protein

Baked Lays
- 130 calories
- 15 from fat
- 2g protein

The sandwich was ok. I'm not sure why I ordered roast beef - it's not my fave, and Italian seasoning didn't help things. Mustard on its own would have been fine. Maybe I'll try turkey or something tomorrow. What I really need to do is get back to bringing my lunch.

Afternoon snack:

Another EAS Myoplex Lite Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisp bar
- 190 calories
- 50 from fat
- 15g protein

Bucking the notion that variety is the spice of life, another one of those bars hit the spot reasonably well. They don't totally suck, which is high praise for a protein bar. I did just read that you need .37g of protein per pound of body weight per day. So I need 151g protein per day, at a bare minimum.

The things that I've eaten so far which are the most outrageously high in protein are the turkey burgers, and I'm not going to be able to add several of them to my diet per day, so it sounds like protein shakes need a look. Trader Joe's carries some which are supposed to be pretty good, so I'll go check it out after work. That'll provide me with my second big food test of the day: grocery shopping.

I called it my second test of the day because I currently have co-workers walking by my desk with slices of cake. I know the feeling won't last, but I don't really want it that badly. Probably because I've been on a diet for all of 36 hours.

I worked until about 7, which meant that I was pretty hungry leaving work. First stop was Trader Joe's, where I picked up six Pure Protein Shakes. They only had vanilla, and I had been assured that the chocolate ones were the best. Still, I remember having the Atkins shakes and thinking they were pretty OK, so I assumed I'd be fine with these too. And I was!

Pre-Dinner Snack:

1 Vanilla Pure Protein Shake
- 160 calories
- 10 from fat
- 35g protein

Boom shaka laka. Next up was Giant, because Lean Cuisines are on sale this week. Trader Joe's was pretty easy to get through - just avoid the frozen section, where everything delicious lives. The stuff they put at the register is also easier to avoid. Nobody has ever tanked a diet on day 2 by getting fucked up on fruit leather.

Giant was a different story. I picked up the Lean Cuisines easily enough, but they Whatchamacalits and Caramellos at the checkout called to me. I didn't listen, but oh man, candy is delicious.

Dinner:

1 Bag Lean Cuisine Sweet and Spice Ginger Chicken
- 290 calories
- 20 from fat
- 22g protein

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to crunch some numbers and figure out if I'm going to have something else.

Yup. I was ok on calories, but low on protein, so...

Dinner #2:

1 Lean Cuisine French Bread Pepperoni Pizza
- 310 calories
- 60 from fat
- 15g protein

Not necessarily the best choice as it's a little higher in calories and a little lower in protein, but still not bad.

Grand Totals for Day 2:

- 1850 calories
- 302 from fat
- 155g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment