Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 29

This weekend was amazing on almost every front, but frustrating for my diet. I didn't eat poorly, with the exception of a single hot dog on Saturday. And I ought to be able to handle a single hot dog.

This morning when I got on the scale I was back down, to the tune of 387.00. So that's another two pounds or so which mysteriously decided to stay in my body for most of the weekend, just for shits and giggles. Well, whatever. It's a marathon, not a sprint, and all that cliched business.

I'm amazed, and not necessarily in a good way, by my own highs and lows emotionally for this diet. I was downright morose on Sunday morning because I seemed to be up half a pound. Even if I WAS up half a pound, I was still down 20.5. But it's hard to keep everything in perspective.

This weekend was also difficult because it was the first time I was hit by a lot of cravings. I wanted almost every piece of food that crossed my field of vision, which was something that my early-January-weight-loss-trance insulated me from. It's harder and more frustrating to keep away from cheating when you feel like your weight is going up anyway. If I'm going to get wet, I might as well jump into the pool, right?

I'm proud of myself because through all that, I didn't cheat. I did let myself have a 'big' dinner on Friday night, which meant that I added a bag of baked lays to my small sandwich and chili from Quiznos, but in the universe of diet crimes, I think that's the equivalent of jaywalking on Manhattan.

And an interesting thing is happening today... I can't seem to keep my shirt tucked in, because my pants are too loose and my belt needs another hole in it. Curious.

Breakfast:
Two 6oz Chobani Yogurts (Peach and Black Cherry)
- 280 calories
- 0 from fat
- 28g protein

Morning Snack:
One Banana Creme Pure Protein Shake
- 150 calories
- 10 from fat
- 35g protein

Lunch:
Twelve Piece Chick-fil-a Nuggets
- 400 calories
- 40g protein

Side Salad w/ Fat Free Honey Mustard
- 130 calories
- 5g protein

Afternoon Snack:
EAS Peanut Caramel Crisp Bar
- 190 calories
- 40 from fat
- 15g protein

2 comments:

  1. You could just tack your belt to your waist. Maybe 1-1 1/2 inch tacks.

    Stop weighing every day if it will drive you crazy.

    ReplyDelete