Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 54

Weigh in day! At 380.5lbs, I have officially lost 30lbs in under 60 days. I set an unofficial goal for myself on my birthday - I'd like to weigh 100lbs less on my 27th birthday than I did on my 26th. Seems doable. 100lbs in 365 days is about 2lbs a week, and that's an aggressive, but doable (I think) target.

I've had a great couple weeks and let go of some of my strictness for a few meals for special occasions and things like that. Christine's parents are in town this week and my friends are here next week, but after that, we've got a whole lot of nothing on the calendar for about a month, and I find myself looking forward to it. A lack of special occasions means maybe I can control my weekend eating a little bit better.

We're going out to lunch today to celebrate my birthday, and we're going to the Buffalo Wing Factory. I thought yesterday that if my weigh-in went well, maybe I'd have wings as a reward, but that seems kind of counter-intuitive. Wings are delicious, but I haven't really been craving them, so I think it'll probably be a salad of some variety for lunch instead.

They brought in breakfast at work today for our corporate meeting, and so there were pancakes, waffles, slices of french toast, sausage links, and bacon strips aplenty. I had a yogurt parfait and some scrambled eggs, so I felt pretty good about that. I couldn't possibly estimate the calories there, but I can say for certain that I could have done a whole lot worse.

4 comments: