Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 65


Ok, so it's been a while. Again. Even though I haven't been writing, I've still been doing the underlying work.

I did weigh in on Friday and it was more good news - 378lbs on the mark, for a total loss of 32.8lbs. Of course, the downside was that my friends were in town from New York this weekend, and we ate in a fashion that would have made Attila the Hun tear up with pride.

I've spent the past few weeks fortifying my healthy food reserves. After my friend Chad gave me the protein shakes for my birthday, I went out and bought a different flavor of that brand (cookies and cream) for some contrast. Both of them taste great, and 500 calorie, 50g protein shake in the morning has been holding me until lunch. Don't cry for my Chobani stockpile, though, they just get rolled into Lunch or an afternoon snack.

I also got some different protein bars which, while expensive, are amazing. They're peanut butter and jelly flavored, which is pretty outrageous, and they have enough dietary fiber to unclog a shower drain. Or whatever.

After this past weekend, though, we don't have any more special events for a few weeks. I should be able to buckle down on the weekends and really make some headway. 32lbs in 65 days is a pretty good mark, and I'm excited to keep it going.

I'm trying to cook a bit more - Christine does a great job, but I haven't been contributing much. I made Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken last week (link) and proceeded to eat it for lunch five days in a row. That would bore a lot of people, but I was happy as a clam. Apparently this is an attribute that I share with my father.

2 comments:

  1. Oh hooray! I was worried! Great work! I want to try pbj protein bars, those sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had some concerns as well. With the boys in town all self control slips.

    I am running 98 pounds below you. 280 as of now. We started out with my being 109 below you. Nice progress at narrowing the gap.

    ReplyDelete