Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 67

So here we are, hurdling toward yet another weigh-in day.

I didn't talk about it in my last entry, but my weigh in from last week was a real revelation for me. My eating habits during the weekend prior to my most recent weigh-in were not so good. On Saturday, I ate a pizza. It was phenomenal. And I drank for the first time this year - I had plenty of wine at dinner with Christine's folks, and a little more when I got home. Given all of that stuff, I still managed to lose 2.5lbs last week.

That's just an illustration for me of how aggressively I was eating for years. If I can have a weekend where I eat a pizza, drink wine, and munch on cheeses and other assorted whatsit, and still lose a significant amount of weight, that's pretty impressive. Gaining weight at my size requires significant punishment on a regular and sustained basis. Judging by the fact that I've been in the 350-400 range for probably six or seven years, apparently I've been up to the challenge.

Having the guys in town this past weekend led to more excess, which I've mentioned. Don't get me wrong, I've eaten much worse, but this past weekend was absolutely the worst I've eaten since January 2nd when I started this little enterprise. But (and yeah, I'm a little proud of myself) I got back on the wagon on Monday and have been eating well since then.

Tomorrow morning's test will be how my body responds to the whole thing. If I was to express a hope, I'd hope I was still down about 1lb. But we'll just have to wait and see. No more big special events coming up for a few weeks, so Christine and I agreed to try to eat reasonably this weekend. It would be nice to put up a big number next week.

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up brother! It's a great thing to realize it does not have to be all or nothing. Awesome work getting back on the weight loss train on Monday! <3

    ReplyDelete