Friday, March 16, 2012

Day 75


Read it and weep, haters.

Ok, to my knowledge there are actually no haters here, but OH MY GOD, what a rush it was to see that number come up. For those of you playing the home game, that's 6.2lbs this week, for a total of 37lbs even.

So the good news is that I've lost 37lbs in 75 days. The bad news (which isn't really all that bad) is that I need to buy two more new belts. I just bought a new brown belt maybe a month and a half ago, and I'm down to the next to last notch on that one. My black belt, which I haven't yet replaced, is now inappropriately long.

Christine and I had dinner at Bertucci's again last night, and I'm pleasantly surprised each time we do. I had a chicken caesar salad and a plat of roasted tuscan vegetables (zucchini, broccoli, eggplant, tomatoes) and it was a wonderful meal for very few calories indeed.

For dessert I did something really tasty - I cut up a big banana, put it in a bowl, and then spooned a big hunk of fat free Cool Whip on top of it. The bananas and the Cool Whip together very nearly tasted like a banana cream pie, which is one of my favorite things. And it was roughly no calories.

One of the things I said I'd do at the beginning of this exercise was take more of the front/side pictures of myself, so as to reinforce the progress I'm making. I've been putting it off, because I've got so much weight to lose that I'm actually afraid they'll discourage me. After looking at those first pictures of me, how different could I possibly look, ten pounds lighter?

This morning, though, I decided that 37lbs was almost 10% of my body weight, so I'd go ahead and snap a few new photos for comparison. I'll upload them this weekend. Not earth shattering, but there's definitely a difference, which feels pretty damn good.

4 comments:

  1. HUZZAH! Jason has a belt hole puncher if you'd rather go that route - but I'm also supportive of new belts (clothes, shoes, things) as a weight loss incentive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have an awl that I use to punch holes in my own belts, but even doing that, you get to the point where the belt is wrapping into the second or third loop of your pants, and it's time for them to GO!

      Delete
  2. Spectacular. Imagine, as I do, how much difference a little self control over time would have done. Unfortunately, we have had very little self control.

    Oh well, look at you now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooop wooop! Great job budd! Keep on kickin tail :). I love that you are finding replacement tasties to satisfy your noms.

    ReplyDelete