Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 37

It's amazing how much better I feel when I don't eat like garbage. Yogurt for breakfast, tea, and water. Trying to get all that junk from this weekend out of my system.

I did splurge on Sunday and have some soda - and now I'm paying for it. I've got a delightful caffeine headache, which just reminds me why I'm not drinking so much of it anymore. I can't figure out how something that makes me gourd hurt as it leaves my system could really be good for me.

I realized around noon that I was hungry as the devil, and shortly thereafter realized why - I forgot to have my shake! That's no good.

We went to Potbelly for lunch, and I had a double-ham on thin cut wheat. It's been an adjustment, getting rid of condiments, but I find that I don't miss mayonnaise quite as badly when the sandwich is covered in Potbelly's hot peppers. I just think about my mouth being on fire instead.

Christine was at Trader Joe's last night and picked up whole wheat pizza dough and lowfat string cheese. We combined that with some tomato sauce, and made ourselves some pretty healthy pizza! 8 slices, 220 calories per slice, and damn if it wasn't tasty. I had three slices and didn't even feel bad about it. This was a really fun way to have something I adore (pizza!!!) and not feel nearly as bad about it as I often do. Prettttty good.

3 comments: