Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 36

So Christine and I experimented with cheating on our diets this weekend. Given that it was the Super Bowl, and we both felt overdue to indulge a bit, we had breakfast at IHOP on Saturday, and then had lots of snacks for the Super Bowl on Sunday night.

Breakfast on Saturday was fine - my pancakes were yummy and my bacon was delish, but I felt sluggish and bloated after the meal. All in all, I concluded, I wasn't sure it was worth the guilt. But I stayed excited for Sunday, because I was getting pizza and cheesy dip and cookie dough - basically one day's worth of exposure to all the stuff that put me in this hole in the first place.

I ate it, I ate lots of it, I enjoyed it, and then I felt like an absolute pile of shit. I couldn't sleep because I felt so weighed down and truly gross. This was an incredibly important lesson. In the future, on weekends when I feel like I really need to cheat, I'm going to get one or two things that I really want, and not take it as an opportunity to binge wholesale. Doing so didn't make me feel better, physically or mentally, and wasn't worth it in the least.

Back to my regularly scheduled programming - two yogurts for breakfast!

Pretty standard fare for the rest of the day. Potbelly sandwich for lunch, protein bar for a snack, and a lean cuisine for dinner. Easy peezy, lemon squeezy.

3 comments:

  1. The old geezers went across the street for the Super Bowl and ate turkey chili and raw veggies but one of them drank a large quantity of Irish Whiskey. I will let you guess which one.

    We four split some brownies from the Giant. They were cut into small squares and I felt great. We stayed under control otherwise. We seem to have learned the same lesson. Control the splurges and you win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noteworthy: Chobani at Wegmans are $1. All day, every day. My fridge now closely resembles as pile of yogurt.

      Delete
  2. Yeah Robber, I think that this is a great post that shows you maturing in your eating habits! <3 love that you are working so hard and thinking about everything!

    Oh and I got all the Chobani flavors at Target over the weekend so we can compare notes!

    :D

    ReplyDelete