Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 51

I had a great weekend and am currently working on having a great birthday. Work is interfering.

Food over the weekend was a mixed bag, unsurprisingly. On Saturday, Christine and I went out for dinner at a nice restaurant in the neighborhood where we were staying. I had white bean soup, pork loin with green beans and sweet potato gratin, and we split desserts - butterscotch creme brulee and bananas foster bread pudding. We also went out for dinner on Sunday with a big group. That dinner FELT excessive, but upon further review, really wasn't. Vegetables, chicken, a little beef, couscous, and a pastry thing which had nuts and chicken and eggs in it.

Also: birthday cake. That wasn't so good for me. But I had a single slice and then was done with it. No second, no thirds, no fourths. So that's pretty acceptable. Yesterday I sat around my apartment and enjoyed my day off. Unfortunately Christine had to work so I lived the bachelor life, eating yogurt and a protein shake for breakfast, a healthy choice for lunch, another protein shake and a bag of Voila! sweet and sour chicken for dinner.

Our friends Chad and Katie gave me a big bucket of protein powder for my birthday. It's a sad state of affairs in my life when I can tell you that I was really excited to get it. What has become of me?

Using that is considerably cheaper than the Trader Joe's Pure Protein shakes, but the nutrition isn't quite as good. Nevertheless, I'm excited to have it and to be able to quit spending $5/day on protein shakes. It's also friggin' delicious. Tastes like a peanut butter cup milkshake.

So, food for today:

One Syntha-6 Protein Shake
- 290 calories
- 40 from fat
- 30g protein

Two Chobani Greek Yogurts
- 280 calories
- 0 from fat
- 28g protein

Chick-fil-a Twelve Count Nuggets
- 400 calories
- 40g protein

Side Salad w/ Fat Free Honey Mustard Dressing
- 125 calories
- 5g protein

1 comment:

  1. So, I go to your birthday dinner at Marrakech. Eat lots of low calorie, low fat food. Weigh in on Wednesday and only lose .2 pound. Too slow for Weightwatchers and so they cut my points. Crap.

    Today i weigh to amuse myself and I am down two pounds from last week. But I am sure they will not return my points to their previous level.

    And it is all you fault. Good thing I love you enough to absorb this blow.

    ReplyDelete