Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 44

I lied yesterday. I totally did know what I was having for dinner, and it wasn't a Lean Cuisine. Christine and I went out yesterday to celebrate... well, certainly not Valentine's Day! We just celebrated that it was Monday. With flowers and roses and a night out. But not Valentine's Day! It was a surprise for Christine, so I didn't want to write about it here lest she check el bloggo.

We went to a restaurant called Mokomandy for dinner. After reading umpteen rave reviews for it, I thought it would be worth a try. It totally wasn't. It was all OK, but there was nothing special in the whole meal we ate, which was too bad. 

The meal itself was far from perfect from a nutritional standpoint, too. The restaurant was Korean and Cajun, but the different flavors weren't generally mixed - you could order bulgogi and fried green tomatoes... which we did. We also had fried (tempura) pickles and a 'wild boar bowl'. For dessert we had a spiced rum bread pudding. 

None of it was as good as it sounds. The best item we had was the bulgogi, but even that wasn't as good as you'd get at your average Korean BBQ place. So it was a disappointing meal mixed into a wonderful evening. Today I'm back in the saddle. Two yogurts for breakfast, Potbelly for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment