Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 40

Sorry for the lack of updates - work has been bananas and I just haven't made the time to write, which stinks.

Today was a weigh in day, and although I was on Christine's scale, it can't be that far off of mine... and it said I was down 2.5 lbs! I don't have a picture, and I'm hesitant to officially record it because it's a different scale, but it's encouraging anyhow.

To have pigged out on Sunday and still lost weight is pretty heartening, but I'm not going to let it encourage me to just eat more and figure everything will be ok. This is the point I often get to in diets - do great, lose a bunch of weight, eat a little bit and still lose weight - where I figure that I'm golden and stop working for it. Once I do that, I start packing on the weight again. This time I'm serious, and I can't wait to be out of the 380s, hopefully for good.

A banana and a protein bar for breakfast and mid-morning snack, a Potbelly sandwich (Big Wreck, thin cut wheat) and Baked Lays for lunch, and who knows what for dinner.

Christine and I are headed to Atlantic City for the weekend, and it'll be a challenge to go there and not eat or drink, which is usually about 60% of what we do when we're on vacation. Gambling, ahoy!

Speaking of Christine - she's working so hard to lose weight and has done a great job. As of last weekend, she was down more than 10lbs. The eating on Sunday seemed to have a worse effect on her, and she's now up about 2lbs from where she was, which is of course really discouraging. So here's my public shout-out: You go, baby girl! You're doing great - don't let a shitty week get you down. Just keep eating right and you'll be fine. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for a Christine bonus update! Great work! You guys are inspiring me too. I haven't weighed myself, but I'm making some healthier choices because I'm thinking about you. I'm seriously considering investing in a scale so I can play along!

    ReplyDelete