Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 32

It's annoying to know that you've plateaued. I had this urge to hop on the scale this morning and maybe just not write anything about it here, but I've started this whole project in an effort to be transparent and keep myself honest.

I know it's a bad idea to keep weighing myself, and I'm not doing it anymore, but it's oddly tempting. The first pile of pounds came off so quickly and looking at the scale was such an encouragement that it's hard to lose that on a daily basis.

Food-wise, I'm not blogging every meal quite as strictly, but I'm eating all the same things. By now I know the calories in my shakes, yogurts, and protein bars by heart, and so a lot of the counting is done for me. I'm still having two yogurts for breakfast, one or two shakes and a protein bar throughout the day. For lunch and dinner, we've been eating things that are harder to simply count the calories on. But at some level, you just have to know that if you're eating chicken breast and vegetables, you're doing alright.

Breakfast was yogurt.

For lunch we went to Boston Market. I got turkey breast, mixed vegetables, and green beans. No cornbread, which broke my heart.

Christine made a really excellent Turkey Shepherd's Pie for dinner, and then it was time to hold my breath and wait for the weigh in Friday morning.

1 comment:

  1. Great work at Boston Market! It's so hard to pick the veggie sides with all that other stuff calling to you.

    ReplyDelete